gracefonseca5

Books of Love

All books need a little love

Book Review: Bound by Night Book Review

Pages: 400
My Copy: Courtesy of Pocket and Edelweiss

Book Synopsis:

A Woman Out for Blood

Nicole Martin was only eight years old when the vampire slaves rose up in rebellion and killed her family. Now she devotes her life to finding a vaccine against vampirism, hoping to wipe out her memories-along with every bloodsucker on the planet. But there’s one thing she cannot destroy: her searing, undeniable attraction for the one man she should hate and fear the most…

A Vampire Out for Revenge

A member of the renegade vampire MoonBound Clan, Riker is haunted by demons of his own. When he recognizes Nicole and remembers how her family enslaved his loved ones, his heart burns for vengeance. But when he kidnaps Nicole and holds her in a secret lair, his mortal enemy becomes his soul obsession, his greatest temptation, and, perhaps, his only salvation-a hot-blooded lover who could heal him with her touch…or bury him.

Book Review:

A Sinfully Delicious and Decadent treat of a paranormal romance that kept me hooked from start to finish. This book kept me satisfied from page to page. Every character is so strong in their beliefs, that there is a conflict, but Larissa Ione makes that part of the charm of this book. Ione’s book are just filled with awesome plots and characters, this one was no exception.

One of the things that make this different, but unique is her take on vampires and how she twists the mythology and the way that vampires function in society is definitely one that I hadn’t seen before. They are basically slaves and made to serve human beings and lets just say that some vampires are not happy about their role or place in society. Right at the beginning of the book, there’s something so intense and bad that happens, it leaves your mouth open in pure shock and awe like no way. This event leaves our heroine very deeply scarred and emotionally traumatized as an adult and she has a hard time because of it trusting vampires.

Now Riker is one of those characters that is unforgettable. He is unforgettable because he is a guy who has a lot of focus and needs things to happen. He also will do anything and doesn’t care about humans and will do what is best for his clan. A female vampire was taken and it’s his mission to retrieve her because of her gift to help deliver vampire babies. Vampire females have extremely low birth rates, so it’s important to get this woman back. Yet he thinks by abducting Nicole that he will get this woman back, not realizing that Nicole is going to fight him every step of the way. Nicole doesn’t back down from Riker at all. She in fact remembers him very well from her childhood and what he did to her nanny, not realizing that there were things that she had no clue as to what was going on. This makes the book far more interesting as their were some complex issues that leave her mind scrambling for answers.

Riker and Nicole have this intense, crazy, weird attraction that neither of them can deny, but because of who and what they are, nothing is ever easy for them. I think the fact that these are two people who have opposing wills and Nicole is scared, but a fighter. She is fighting to survive vampires who might kill her and do whatever else they want. Yet Riker and Nicole start to get to know one another and realize that their pre-conceived notions of one another were dead wrong. I think their relationship grows in a different way than expected.

Also the fact that Nicole risks her own life to save the woman Riker is looking for is wonderful. Nicole goes up against her own brother, who turns out to be such a prick. I really hated Nicole’s brother a lot. He is the one who does things and really lets Nicole have it, throwing out a rant about things and how the company should have been his and that vampires are truly evil. Yet he puts Nicole in a situation that changes everything and causes both our characters to have to do things that neither of them thought would happen.

I utterly loved how intense things got during the last part of this book. It was nail biting, intense and the love scenes between Riker and Nicole were smoking hot as you knew when these two characters finally admitted how they felt about one another, nothing was ever going to be the same. Intense, emotional, and passionate are some of the words to describe that scene. Also this book had a really great ending.  I also loved the little sneak peek that the author included of the next book in the series.

RN: I really loved this book a lot but one thing I could have done without, was some of the torture scenes. Now I understand this was to serve the purpose of the story, but sometimes it doesn’t have to be done. I love books that have great stories and this had a good story, but the opening scene was a little overly intense and that no child should experience what Nicole did and the only reason I stuck with the book after that, is because I wanted to see where this book was going to go. Plus having read other books by the author that I enjoyed, I knew I was going to enjoy it.

A really good opening to a new series.

Rating: 4.5 Hearts